Are you looking for a company that offers outstanding benefits including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability as well as tuition discounts and more than 2 ½ weeks of time off in the first year? Have you been looking for a company where you will get a consistent number of hours and competitive wages with opportunities for advancement and growth? Look no further than the Christian Care Companies with 5 current locations in Arizona – and a 6th coming soon!
We are a large retirement community located on Cactus and 19th Avenue in Phoenix looking for top notch individuals that have a desire to excel. Applications can be submitted online at: www.fellowshipsquareseniorliving.org
The purpose of this position is to prepare and serve quality items on the daily menu in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as well as our established policies and procedures as may be directed by the Chef/Manager or his/her designee to assure quality food service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to communicate with supervisor.
2. Ability to supervise other kitchen staff in the absence of the supervisor.
3. Ability to understand and complete on-the-job training.
4. Ability to follow regulations for safe handling of food and service items.
5. Prepares foods according to prescribed sanitation standards.
6. Prepares soup of the day, entrees and side dishes.
7. Prepares food indicated on planned menus, following standardized recipes, using standard portion sizes, and making substitutions only with prior approval.
8. Communicates with Chef/Manager any changes necessary in food preparation.
9. Prepares other foods deemed by Chef/Manager as necessary.
10. Checks and records food temperatures at each meal and tastes food for palatability.
11. Ability to move meats from the freezer three (3) days prior to use and places them in the walk-in.
12. Ability to put away food deliveries as they come in, and keep walk-in-box clean.
14. Ability to maintain general sanitation and safety of working area.
15. Ability to keep temperature log of all refrigerators and freezer.
16. Ability to report all hazardous conditions/equipment to Chef/Manager immediately.
17. Ability to use equipment and materials carefully, and in safe manner, following correct operation and cleaning procedures.
18. Ability to participate and assist in departmental projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
18. Communicates with Chef/Manager all resident requests and complaints.
19. Must be willing to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
Must be at least 18 years old and possess a food handler’s card or attain one within 30 days of hire. At least five years of experience is desirable. Must be able to understand and read the English language. Must be able to read and follow a recipe, multiply ingredients to increase amount and cook/bake as needed.